1. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file containing letters and numbers that is automatically placed on your computer or mobile device by your web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari, Opera). Each web browser/device that you use stores its own set of cookies.
Types of cookies:
- Session: temporary cookies that are automatically deleted when you close your web browser.
- Persistent: cookies which stay on your computer and remember your settings the next time you come back.
- First Party: these cookies are set by www.aspievillage.uk. This includes all those listed in section 3 below.
2. Changing cookie settings
Please visit allaboutcookies.org for comprehensive information on how to remove or block cookies on a variety of web browsers.
Please be aware that restricting or blocking cookies may impact on a number of Aspie Village UK's features and you may not get the experience intended, although the basic functionality should be ok.
3. List of Aspie Village UK cookies
This is a list of the first party cookies set by www.aspievillage.uk and what each is used for. None of these cookies collect any personally identifiable information about you, nor track your movements from or to other websites:
- "aspievillage_u" - (persistent - expires after 1 year) - Identifies your Aspie Village UK account ID. Default cookie value = '1' (Guest). When you log in, this value is replaced by your own account's ID.
- "aspievillage_k" - (persistent - expires after 1 year) - Enables you to log in automatically each time you visit. Defalut cookie value is blank until you have selected this option. Your actual password is not stored within the cookie file.
- "aspievillage_sid" - (persistent - expires after 1 year) - Message board session management, e.g. remembers which forum posts you have viewed on Aspie Village UK so that when you return to the website, it can highlight which new posts/topics have been created since your previous visit.
- "ajax_chat" (session), "ajax_chat_lang", "ajax_chat_settings" and "ajax_chat_style" - (persistent - expire after 1 day) - Cookies set by the Aspie Village UK chat room related to your chat session and settings.
- "PHPSESSID" - (session) - This cookie is native to PHP (the scripting language in which the Aspie Village UK message board is written). It enables the Aspie Village message board to establish a user session and to pass state data via a temporary cookie.
This policy exists following the implementation of the European Union e-Privacy Directive. More information at ico.org.uk. Aspie Village UK reserves the right to update parts of this policy, where necessary, at any time. Last Updated: 19/11/16.